Thursday, November 04, 2004

A Post Halloween Note

Trish likes Milk Duds. A lot. The Tuesday after Halloween, Jacob came downstairs carrying an empty Milk Dud box. His expression was gravely puzzled, a bit like that of a puppy from whom you had just taken a very fun and especially tasty sock. Please note for the record that a bag containing at least 3-5 pounds of candy was squatting in near-overflow conditions on the kitchen counter.

He said "You said you would ask me before eating any of my candy." He didn't precisely say J'ACCUSE! but you could hear it.

Trish was caught off guard. "Bear, you were already asleep. I didn't want to wake you."

"You said you would ask."

Hugs and apologies restored the situation with no harm done, though I nearly sprained my face trying to maintain a neutral expression.

No comments: